Friday, November 5, 2010

Cross Country Finale & A Little Thanks

Last night we celebrated the end of the girls' cross country season with a pizza party at the park, complete with trophies for all the runners. Both girls really improved their times, but best of all, had a great time doing it. (Then I went on to Parent Night at our school where I worked concessions rather than gave a presentation this time.)

We made this thank you card for their coach, who was so encouraging to every child. She really made this experience a great one for all the runners! (I promise that the ruffle really didn't look that crooked IRL! I think it's the angle of the card slightly open or something.)

The thank you sentiment (from the November stamp of the month) on the "blue ribbon" actually goes across rather than one word above the other, so I used my Pacifica marker to ink up "thank" (only) and stamp it. Next I cleaned the stamp, inked up the "you" with the marker, and stamped it under the other word. Now I have the "thank you" to fit on the award. (On the inside we stamped "Thanks for your kindness" from the November stamp of the month set.)

Supplies from Close To My Heart: Magnifique and Stardust paper packs; A Little Thanks (Nov. stamp of the month) and Be Yourself stamp sets; Pacifica ink; 1-1/4" circle punch; blue sparkle

Other: 1" circle punch

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the waterfall photo montage from cross country!
    I taught that in class yesterday. They came out great,but even after doing one it was a struggle and I had to watch the video in class, but that's ok cause it shows how to solve that problem with the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those big smiles, and the fact that everyone got a trophy.

    Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the girls. Great card for the coach!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails