Tuesday, November 15, 2011

CTMH Product Spotlight Blog Hop: Embossing

This month the CTMH Product Spotlight group is featuring EMBOSSING, either dry embossing or heat embossing. We have nine consultants sharing their talents with you, so be sure to move from one blog to the next by clicking on the link in each post. (If you're already hopping, then you should have arrived from Carol Horton's blog. You'll visit Tamytha's blog from here.)

My card uses the "Neutral Shadows" heat embossing technique. You can see my original, similar card with this technique HERE. The technique is pretty simple to do. Basically, you heat embossing your images in the same light color as your background (in this case white on white). My flowers are from the Treasure Life stamp set. Then, stipple ink over and around the embossed images. I used Smoky Plum to match my cardstock card base. Finally, buff off the excess ink with a kleenex or paper towel and your white images pop.


To finish my card, I wrapped sheer organdy white ribbon around the front panel, and then attached the sentiment (from the Salutation Seals stamp set, stamed in Smoky Plum ink) over the ribbon and offset. I think this card is very simple yet elegant. I hope that you like it too!

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Now head on over to Tamytha's blog.

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails