Friday, January 3, 2014

Cloud 9 Blog Hop

Close To My Heart has a super fun National Papercrafting Month special offer, the Cloud 9 Card Kit!  Check out all the fun that twenty-two of my favorite blogging consultants have compiled for you.  (If you're already bouncing along from Cloud 9 creation to Cloud 9 creation, then you've arrived from Wendy Kessler's blog.  You'll go to Sheila Bennett's blog from here.)
After making the 10 cards using the guide and provided materials, I used my scraps to make this cute little notebook to record happy thoughts for 2014:
It actually started as a Lagoon spiral notebook!
You may have realized that the speech bubble stamp actually says "Happy Birthday," but I masked off the "birth" part.  It's simple: cut tape to fit the piece of your stamp that you want to hide.  Then, ink up your stamp as usual, but PULL OFF THE TAPE before you stamp the image on your project.  (It will be easier to cut the tape to size if you stamp it on scrap paper first and use that as a guide to cut your tape.  When you stick the tape to your stamp, you can efficiently use your microtip scissors to cut off any excess tape.)
To make the blank part of the sentiment look, well, not so blank, I cut a star out of Honey card stock from the kit (using one of the die cut stars as a model).  I found the brass brad (office supply store) in my tool bag, and it added a nice complement to the brass triangle stud.

By the way, the teal/Lagoon shimmer trim and gold polka dot washi tape come with the kit!  You're going to love how fun it is!  If you don't already have a consultant or you're one of my favorite customers, please click HERE to learn all about the Cloud 9 card kit and how you can get yours.

In addition to the Cloud 9 blog hop, I'm also entering the notebook in the Heart 2 Heart Challenges NEW challenge for the new year.

Now go check out Sheila's Cloud 9 creation!

8 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails