Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hip Hip Hooray! It's Your Birthday!

Yesterday, we enjoyed spending time with family as we celebrated my niece's 13th birthday.  (My SIL & I are finding this occasion very bittersweet, as my baby will also be 13 before I blink.)  Who doesn't love a little 'stache of cash, so I made a card using the Cloud Nine card kit but paired it with the Sparkle & Shine paper pack.  Mustaches are so trendy right now!

The card is based on the Atlantic Heart Sketch challenge #38.  Both of the die cut shapes (mustache and speech bubble) come in the Cloud Nine kit, but you can also cut them with the CTMH/Cricut Artiste cartridge.
I used Juniper and Slate ink, plus Juniper washi tape and silver shimmer trim.  Can you see the doodle border I drew with the silver metallic marker?  The triangle durable studs came in the Cloud Nine kit, and will be available separately in February with the unveiling of the Spring/Summer CTMH Idea Book.  (All supplies are from Close To My Heart.)

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you make today a Hip Hip Hooray kind of day, no matter what you're doing.  (A little birdie told me that I get to take my nephews to church today, so I am looking forward to that and then having friends over for dinner tonight.)

6 comments:

  1. So cute, I dare not even think of my first born turning 13, it's bad enough she will be 10 in April....thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love how you used Sparkle and Shine along with the stamp from Cloud Nine. Great job and thanks for playing along at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of celebratory sparkle on this card! Hope the party was a much fun as the card. Love the "stache of cash" remark! Thanks for linking up with Atlantic Hearts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great combo of products here Thanks for sharing with us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fun! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darn cute. I know Miss H loved it...and the green!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails