Monday, January 27, 2014

H2H Challenges: In the Spotlight

This week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge is called "in the spotlight," and I can think of lots of different ways to interpret this challenge. In fact, I had hoped to create a layout with my daughter's dance recital pictures, but I just couldn't make the time.  Instead, you're getting a sneak peek at new products from the Close To My Heart Spring/Summer Idea Book (available 2/1/14)!  I guess I'm putting the new products in the spotlight!
Can you tell that I've also used the spotlight technique on my card?  If you're not familiar with this technique, be sure to check out this week's H2H inspiration!  Basically, you stamp your images in one ink color on your project, and then pick an area to highlight in full color.  Can you tell that I used clouds for my spotlights?  (I cut them with the CTMH/Cricut Artiste cartridge.)
In this close up, you can see the cloud shape clearly.  I stamped a portion of the hot air balloon on the cloud, and then used sponges to color it quickly.  On the second balloon, I used markers and my blending pen.

Before you check out the H2H spotlight inspiration, here's my materials list.
***Available 2/1/14: Give a Lift stamp set; Balloon Ride paper pack
Available now: Saddle, Creme Brulee, Juniper, and Sorbet inks; blending pen; bronze shimmer trim; CTMH/Cricut Artiste cartridge

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love how you used the clouds! I have to remember to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really, really cute card! I can't wait to get my hands on that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like this. We were just talking about going to the Albuquerque balloon festival before it is discontinued, so I will need a balloon stamp! Of course...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hot air balloon ride is on my bucker list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails