Thursday, June 29, 2017

Live Beautifully Birthday Card (with a Pocket)

Did you know that the Live Beautifully May special (paper pack, stamp set, and Cut Above layout kit) are still available while supplies last?  (You can find them HERE if you'd like to get yours before they are completely gone!)  I am still in love with the collection and thought it would make a pretty card for a sweet young lady who just turned 19.
The front features a stack of presents.  For the center one, the white gold-embossed card stock did not stand out against the background, so I sponged it with a little Lemon ink.  The gold-and-white ribbon bow makes it more festive (and less like a wedding cake).
The inside shows you both sides of the pretty Live Beautifully paper pack.  I used the Happy Thoughts stamp set (available HERE in English, French, or Spanish) on the inside panel, stamping the sentiment in Eggplant and the flowers in Sea Glass (which is also retiring soon!)
The pocket is embellished with white shimmer trim along the edge.

Here is a quick tutorial of how I made my pocket card.  I began with a piece of 5.5"x12" double-sided patterened paper.  I folded it onto itself at 4" and 8" with both the left and right sections folding into the center panel.  While this makes your card a little skinnier than usual, I don't think anyone will notice, and you can make make the card out of one piece of paper.
Unfold the card and turn it so that the BACK of the center panel is facing up.  (You folds should be folding the outside panels DOWN.)  Line up the top of your card and the left fold on your paper cutter and cut down 2.5" (see picture, above).
Then turn the card base 90 degrees.  You want to cut this piece at an angle to make your pocket.  (I kept about an inch of the outside edge at the bottom and lined that up with the point where I can cut the slit in the fold, and then cut that off.

If any of the tutorial doesn't make sense, please post your question here or send me an email (info at my CTMH website).  I'm linking this card up to the Heart 2 Heart June Pretty Pockets challenge. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Haley, great gifts on the front and the beautiful inside with the money gift pocket. One of my favorite paper packs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails