Saturday, July 1, 2017

July Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Storybook Alphabet

The Close To My Heart July stamp of the month is a fun font set called Storybook Alphabet.  Follow this blog hop for lots of great ideas from 16 talented CTMH consultants.  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Sheila Bennett's blog.  From here, you'll go to my friend Alyson's blog next.)
We took an amazing trip to Europe last summer (and I am enjoying reliving it in my Facebook memories), so my goal this summer is to get it all scrapbooked.  I thought that the Storybook Alphabet might pass as a Scandinavian font so I grabbed photos from our visit to Bergen, Norway and ended up pairing them with the Enchantment palette of Sapphire, Poppy, and Saffron.
But wait, there's more!  I added a pocket page in between my traditional layout because I have sooo many photos!
 Here's a close up of the Storybook Alphabet.  For this project, I stamped my letters with Sapphire ink and then went back and colored in details with our ShinHan Twin Touch markers.  (Did you know that there is a color chart to help you blend colors to match our colors?  I'll be happy to share it with you if you don't have it already.)

 Here is a close up of the left page.  Do you know where my embellishments came from?
If you guessed the School 7-12 Complements you would be correct!  I also used some No Worries sequins.
 Here is the right page.  On both of my journaling boxes, I started my paragraph with the first letter stamped, like an illuminated manuscript.

Thanks for letting me share my memories of this great day on this great trip!  Please leave me a comment before you go.  It's now time to go see how the amazingly talented Alyson will wow you with the Storybook Alphabet!  (Just click on her name to go to her blog.)
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}

5 comments:

  1. What a great memory for you! My top bucket list trip is to go to Norway since that is where my ancestors are from. I can't wait until I can make it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this set for adding title to layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree, the alphabet font really does complement a Scandinavian layout.
    Really great to use for any title and the first word of journaling. TFS Have FUN reliving the great times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The alphabet works great with your layouts! What a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I am already liking this alphabet more than I had thought I would. It makes great titles for your layouts and I love the "first letter" of the journaling, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails