Saturday, July 22, 2017

Europe 2016: Tivoli

We had such fun our first day in Copenhagen visiting Tivoli Gardens!  It is the second oldest amusement park in the world.  I took tons of pictures there over two days because we went back the next night at dusk (which is very late in Denmark) to watch the water and lights spectacle.  The "takeaway" from this post is to use flip flaps to add more photos and journaling to your layout and to make your layout interactive!
If you've been a CTMH customer or consultant for a long time, then you are going to recognize that this paper collection is OLD.  In fact, I made this layout (minus photos & journaling) at the CTMH Convention in Washington DC in I believe 2010.  I just never did find the right pictures for it until now. LOL  This two page layout opens up thanks to the flip flaps to basically incorporate another two pages!  We made the base pages and then cut them into pieces for the flip flaps.  (Not all of these flip flap sizes are still available, but I am sure that you can find plenty to suit your needs.)
Now for the close ups...
 
Here is the left page, closed.  I added retired Lagoon and Bronze shimmer trim and used the current July 2017 stamp of the month, Storybook Alphabet, for my title, stamped in Chocolate and then colored with my turquoise Shin Han Twin Touch marker and embellished with some retired sequins.
The left flap measures 8"x12" and the right flap is 4"x12."  The left flap only is open.
Now the right flap is also opened.
Here is the right page with the two 6"x12" flip flaps closed.
Now the top flap is open.
Finally, both flaps are open.

I went back and counted how many photos I was able to place on this layout.  What's your guess?  Feel free to count them and post your guess in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not going to count, but those flip flaps let you use LOTS of phots on this layout. I do love flip flaps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails