Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Europe 2016: Gilleleje

Are you tired of my Europe trip layouts yet?  I hope not, because I have lots more to come!
This layout features photos from our stop in the quaint town of Gilleleje, Denmark.  I had actually heard of this town thanks to Lois Lowery's children's novel, Number the Stars, which is about the Holocaust.  (I have read it many times with 5th graders over the years!)
This layout uses this lovely color palette from the Sunday Stamps SSC157 Salute to Summer.  I used the No Worries paper pack with the addition of Cranberry.  On my title block, I cut along one of the wavy lines of the patterned paper to mimic the water and waves.  That cute sail boat was cut with the CTMH/Cricut Flower Market cartridge.  I flipped it so that it was sailing into my layout instead of out of it.
The right page is one of our Design 2 page protectors: slots of six horizontal photos/journaling boxes.  The anchor was also cut with the Flower Market cartridge.
I just love how the pop of Cranberry matches the red sails in the photos.

Thanks for touring Europe with me!

3 comments:

  1. So great! I love seeing projects other than cards -- and the nautical theme is perfect with the color combo. Thank you for sharing on Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley, what a wonderful vacation! I love that book, too! Your layout is lovely and it is a perfect way to use our color palette. So happy you shared with us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the touches of cranberry in the photos and the layouts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails