Monday, July 10, 2017

H2H Challenges: Oh, the Place You'll Go!

This week's Heart2Heart Challenge is really open to interpretation.  It's certainly the season for travel, but this is also the title of a Dr. Seuss book that is often given at graduations because of its inspiring message.  Of course I had to go with the travel idea!
When we were in Copenhagen last summer visiting my cousin, he took us so many places, but two of the highlights featured amazing sculptures by the Danish artist, Thorvaldsen.
We first visited the Cathedral of Our Lady of Copenhagen.  It is really worth enlarging this picture to see his amazing statue of Jesus and the angel baptismal font.  Because I had a lot to say, I typed up my journaling and printed it onto our White Daisy card stock (cut it down to 8.5"x11" and run it right through your printer).  I had so many pictures that I decided to use a flip flap with the cathedral exterior on the front and the journaling underneath.
Because of the beautiful gold, grays, and whites in my photos, that was the exact palette I used: White Daisy, Whisper, Slate, Goldrush, and of course gold.  I used a mix of current and retired gold embellishments to accent my layout.  If you haven't tried the All About Gold Fundamentals, you need to get a pack before they're gone!  (They are the diagonal striped pieces on both pages.  It's hard to tell on the right page, but I used it as an overlay on the Whisper piece on the top left.)  The gold foil and gold sequins are also still available if you're interested.

Be sure to check out all of the inspiration from the H2H Design Team and join us before the month ends!  Bon voyage!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout perfect for these photos! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beautiful layout! You got great photos and this showcases them well. Perfect time for a flip flap, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing sculptures like this always amazes me. Can't image how the artist does it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails