Sunday, July 16, 2017

So Hard To Say Goodbye Blog Hop

It is time to say goodbye to some of our favorite Close To My Heart products that are retiring at the end of the month (available while supplies last).  We hope that you will enjoy this hop! (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Cat's blog.  From here, you'll visit Brenda next.)
When I first saw the Memo Fundamentals paper pack, I knew that I had to have it!  The map paper was going to be perfect for scrapbooking some of our Europe trip, and as a teacher I of course love the other patterns in this pack too.  Well, it's been a year since our trip, and I am finally making time to scrapbook our memories.  I had to use the map page in its entirety as our album title page.
Once I created my banners (using some of my favorite retired alphabet sets), I laid them out on the photo mat and layout where I wanted them to go.  I used a strip of washi tape to hold them together.  I could then pull the entire collection off of the mat and stick it down under the mat.
 The mat completely hid the washi tape and everything was where I wanted it.
The School 7-12 Complements, black and white dots, and black shimmer trim were fun ways to add some artwork and sparkle to my layout.
If you look closely, you can see the airplane that I cut out with my CTMH/Cricut Artbooking cartridge.  I doodled in the flight path and tried to mark on the map our major stops.

Thanks for hopping by!  I'd love a comment before you go to Brenda's blog next!  Don't forget that everything featured in this hop is only available through the end of the month.


10 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love how you incorporated so many details. Wonderful idea to hold your banners with washi and hide it with your photo & mat layer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect layout for the title page of your album. I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of the map paper. It's perfect for this cover page! Love the hashtag #forcedfamilyfun. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover page for a dream trip album! My husband and love travel (especially Europe)...with your permission I will loving using your layout as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue, of course! I am flattered. Thank you all for your kind words. I have created a tab at the top (Europe 2016) where I'm posting all my layouts together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll definitely be missing that Memo Fundamentals too!! It could be used in almost any creation! Thanks for sharing your great layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous layout, Haley! I'm so glad you got to go on such a wonderful trip. Thanks for photographically illustrating how you connected all the banners with Washi tape. What a terrific idea! Thanks for sharing!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That map page is perfect to begin this wonderful scrapbook. I really like the "signpost" effect of your title strips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails