Saturday, July 29, 2017

Europe 2016: The Kattegat

In addition to having an apartment in Copenhagen, my cousin also has a "summer house" near the northern coast.  (Summer houses are a Danish tradition for city dwellers to have a little getaway.)  We appreciated being able to visit their summer hous!.  After we arrived, we walked a few lovely short miles to the beach.
Of course I had to use the No Worries collection for a beach layout!  Although palm trees don't grow this far north, they added a pretty texture to this layout.  The left page is a traditional scrapbook layout, and the right side is the Design 2 page protector (six horizontal photo pockets).  I had so many pictures that I added another page protector, the Pocket Plus Design 2, for two vertical photos in the middle of the layout.
Now you can see the back side of the Pocket Plus mini page and the right page.
Here's a close up of the left page.  All of the Complements artwork and the embellishments (sequins and burlap ribbon) are included with the No Worries Workshop Your Way (or available separately).
The water of the Kattegat was freezing, but we dipped our feet in anyway.  I was relieved to learn that the jellyfish were safe (although there are also stinging jellyfish).  I couldn't resist making this cute jelly to embellish my layout.  I cut a 1.25" circle of White Daisy card stock and then cut off maybe an eighth of it at the bottom.  I then cut six pieces of thin white ricrac of varying lengths.  Using a glue dot or two, I attached them to the back of the "body."  I love how it turned out!

I'm linking up my layout to the City Crafter Challenge blog Week 372: Something Beginning with S.  I think summer, sea, and sunshine meet the requirements!

Don't forget that the No Worries collection is available through the end of August, so don't let summer slip you by without getting your set!

2 comments:

  1. Love your jellyfish - especially since it's the non-stinging kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful coastal layout with great details. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails