Monday, November 13, 2017

H2H Challenges: Count Your Blessings

When I saw the stamp set, A Grateful Heart, I knew that I wanted to make a little sign to remember its message each day.  (I've also made several to give as gifts that I will be featuring later this month.)  I think this project is the perfect link up for this week's Heart 2 Heart Challenge, Count Your Blessings.

To begin, I cut a White Daisy card stock to 4"x6".  I stamped A Grateful Heart with Espresso ink and then immediately sprinkled gold embossing powder on it, tapped off the excess, and then heat embossed.  The purpose of this is two-fold: first to make it easier to watercolor and second to give it some sparkle.  (Unfortunately that sparkle was impossible to photograph!)  Also, note that you will not get the full, even embossing coverage that you would get with embossing, pigment, or Versamark ink.

The I watercolored my wreath with my waterbrush and Espresso, Toffee, Almond, Fern, and Lagoon inks.

Finally, I added the layers of Fundamental Basics and Lagoon card stock (lighter side).  I placed the glass from my cheap frame onto my project and tied the white & gold ribbon around it then popped it in the frame.  I love how it turned out!

As I said, I have made a few more gifts.  What color combo would YOU prefer?  Please leave me a comment!  The H2H challenge, Count Your Blessings, is open all month so please join us.  Just click on the name to go to the blog.  I'm very grateful that you've stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails