Monday, February 24, 2020

H2H Challenges: Texture It

When I first thought about tackling the Heart2Heart challenge, Texture It, I naturally thought of our texture paste and the cool dimension it can offer to your crafting projects.  I decided, however, to "texture it" WITHOUT the use of texture paste.
My card is modeled after the card featured on p. 5 of the Jan./Feb. 2020 CTMH Idea Book.  I love the woodgrain texture found in the Spruced Up paper pack (and I absolutely adore the Spruced Up Cardmaking stamp set and Thin Cuts!).  I paired it with the lush texture of the Julep Velvet ribbon.  I think that the grittiness of the black shimmer trim adds another layer texture.  Continuing the theme, I used a vellum die cut from the Celebrate Today collection and then accented my Thin Cuts scalloped circle with Diamond Stickles for even more texture.
What do you think?  I'd love a comment before you go!  Be sure to check out all of the H2H Design Team's inspiration, and join us for any (or I double-dog dare you to participate in ALL) of February's challenges.  You have until Saturday to join us.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails