Monday, June 29, 2020

Aurora Scrapbooking, Part 1/H2H Family Time

The Aurora collection would have been perfect to use for photos of our cruise to Alaska, but the cruise was cancelled due to the COVID-19 crisis.  I decided to put a twist on this collection and use it with photos of our visit to Mont Saint-Michel in France last summer.  (It worked out even better than I expected!)

My first layout used sketch 196, a sketch for 8 photos, from the 4x6 Photo Sketch Blog.  (I really like this blog and its sketches because she doesn't trim down photos.)
For my layout, I used the mountain patterned paper for the large middle section and I splattered Sapphire shimmer brush onto it.  I used strips of the aurora borealis pattern on the top and bottom.  Gold shimmer trim really made the layout look great.
I embellished the entire series of our visit (more to come) with gray acrylic hearts and Thin Cut arrows from the Here & There stamp set and Thin Cuts.

Be sure to check out how the Heart 2 Heart Design Team's projects for this week's challenge, Family Time.  It is actually our first July challenge, so join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails