Thursday, July 1, 2021

July Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Strong Roots

Close To My Heart has a welcoming July stamp of the month, Strong Roots.  Join me and my fellow CTMH maker blog hop group to showcase this pretty set on this month's stamp of the month blog hop.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Darlys's blog.  From here, you'll visit Krista's blog next.)

When I saw this set, I knew that I wanted to make a card for my mom.  I decided to modify a sketch from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 2 (Pattern 20) for my card.  I used the Woodgrain collection from the core catalog for my base and then cut pieces with my Stitched Rectangles Thin Cuts.

I stamped the large tree in Espresso and then colored it with my CTMH watercolor pencils.  Then, I used some "smooshed up" Saran wrap and pounced it in Peacock Feathers distressed oxide ink and then pounced ink onto my background.  I flicked water with a waterbrush to create a watercolor effect.


In addition to adding gold shimmer trim and gold glitter gems, I painted my wooden heart with gold shimmer brush.

I especially love the door and key stamps and can't wait to play with them!

Thank you for letting me share my Strong Roots card with you.  Please leave a comment before clicking on her name to visit Krista's blog next to continue the hop!

{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}


19 comments:

  1. Great card; love the wood paper and the "smooshing" peacock oxide ink .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card. I love that you stamped in espresso ink and colored in the tree. Makes it look so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, that tree is calling me to do something with it too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. I'm sure your Mom really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty - love the smooshed background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute - love the smooshing for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card design and how you colored the images and backgrounds. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely card and sentiment- such a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Love the techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card! What a cool technique with the saran wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card! I love how you used the multiple layers of stitched rectangles over your woodgrain base!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect for your mom! And just a beautiful card all around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails