Thursday, July 15, 2021

July Technique Blog Hop: Interactive Elements

This month's technique blog hop features interactive elements.  (Think: I like to move it, move it!)  Be sure to visit everyone on the hop for some fabulous ideas!  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Wendy's blog.  From here, you'll visit Melissa's blog next.)


Since my husband and I recently celebrated our 26th anniversary AND we are RVing out West, I knew that I had to make a pretty special card.  The Wander Cardmaking stamp set and Thin Cuts were what I had to use with the limited supplies that I brought with me, and they were perfect!  (I was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest HERE but put my own twist on the design.)


After inking the sentiment up in Toffee, Sapphire, and Evergreen, I stamped it onto White Daisy cardstock and then used a Wander Die Cuts frame and arrow to highlight the "belly band" sentiment.  I fussy cut the s'mores stamp after stamping with Toffee ink.

Here's a closeup of the mountains inked up in Mink and Evergreen plus the river inked up in Glacier and Sapphire then brushed with Clear and Sapphire shimmer brushes.


If you're interested in creating a similar card, here are the specs: I stared with an Evergreen 4.25"x5.5" panel.  I then cut two Evergreen pieces that were 5.5"x5" and scored at 4.25" (to make a 4.25"x5.5" panel with a tab).  Next, I cut from the scored line to .75" from the bottom of the opposite edge.  Finally, I adhered the "wings" to the back of the base panel.

Finally, for the center panel, I cut a piece of White Daisy cardstock 4"x5.25" and a piece of Wander patterned paper at 4"x6".  I folded the excess across the top to make a tab to adhere the Wander paper to the White Daisy base.
I had a lot of fun creating the mountain scenes on the "wings" and then the little camper scene on the center panel.  After Thin Cutting the trees, I sponged them with Sage and Evergreen inks respectively and stamped the center images in the same colors.  After stamping the camper in Sapphire, I fussy cut it and then colored the wheels and hitch with my black journaling pen.  It may not show very well, but I painted the pond with clear shimmer brush so that it shines in the "moonlight."

I inked the sentiment in Toffee and Sapphire, and then inked the campfire in Sundance and Toffee to create my final sentiment for our anniversary card.

My husband was pretty impressed with his anniversary card!  Here we are at (windy!) Yellowstone Canyon on our anniversary.
Here's to 26 years!

Thanks for letting me share my interactive anniversary card with you!  Please leave a comment before you hop on over to Melissa's blog next to continue the July Interactive Elements Technique Hop.



8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Haley, I am in awe! So detailed and so fabulous! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! You created a beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 26 years!! Your card is wonderful for an anniversary! I may have to replicate in 4 years for our 25th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect!!! card for your anniversary. Love everything about this card! Yellowstone is one of my favorite National Parks. Congratulations on 26 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love anything blue and green. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With limited supplies, you still managed to make a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails