Tuesday, April 7, 2009

View from My Window

Snow showers are expected for today, so I am glad that I snapped these photos before the freezing cold! The first is the view from my living room window this time of year: the tulip magnolia in the foreground and the weeping cherry in the background both bloom in gorgeous shades of orchid.

The girls and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching a pair of blue jays build a nest in the evergreen by our front door. They both perch often on the tulip tree on their way to or from their nest, with bits of building material in their beaks. Unfortunately they are too quick for me to capture with the camera!

The second view is standing under the weeping cherry looking up into its frothy branches. The bees and eastern tiger swallowtail butterflies think it is a glorious haven.
Enjoy this little glimpse of beauty. Take time to smell the flowers and to relish the simple pleasures in life.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think your blooms will get too damaged with our spring snow today! Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails