Monday, February 4, 2013

H2H Challenges: Home Decor

First, I have to give a big shout out to my sister as she celebrates her birthday today!  I love you, Amy!!!!  (You can probably figure out that our mom is in the middle.)
When I chose the theme "home decor" as this first February H2H challenge, I had no idea that Close To My Heart was going to offer a beautiful Home Sweet Home February stamp of the month! Here's a fun little project I made, just in time for Amy's birthday. (She and her husband started keeping bees last year.)
This wall hanging uses two pieces of a retired My Creations mini album and lots of Buzz & Bumble scraps.  I used the February stamp of the month, Home Sweet Home, on the bottom portion, and the H monogram stamp (for their last name) on the top portion. 
 You can see Buzz & Bumble Assortment of embellishments along with some burlap & Chocolate strip ribbon and some scrap Sunset baker's twine.
For the Monogram H, I first stamped it in Sunset and then rolled the edges in Cocoa.  For the scalloped circle, after distessing it in Cocoa, I cut every two scallops to make "petals" and folded them up a bit for a little dimension.  (The hexagons were cut with the Circut Accents cartridge.)
To decorate this piece, I used a scrap that was already cut with the Cricut Art Philosophy (as was the striped flower).  After stamping the sentiment in Cocoa, I colored in Beauty with my Creme Brulee marker and Home with Sunset.  Let me know if you have any questions about the wall hanging!
Since I had lots of scraps left, I decided to make a few cards to go along with her wall hanging.  I began with a 12"x12" piece of Colonial White cardstock that I cut into two 6"x6" squares (for the 3"x6" cards, above) and four 3"x6" pieces for the four 3"x3" cards (below).
If you haven't already visited the H2H blog, be sure to check out this week's home decor inspiration.  You have until 3/2 to play along with any of our February challenges!

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to my baby! She will love this wall hanging. It is adorable and just perfect! Good job, honey...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And I am so excited, I can actually enter the HTH challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or I could if I had a blog to link. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can upload to any online gallery, or send it to me and I'll post it here in your honor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails