Friday, November 8, 2013

M-Sized Happy Birthday

Here's another card made with a different mini stamp, Happy Birthday.  We used the Sarita paper pack and a sketch from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 2.
To create the sentiment, I first stamped Happy Birthday with Lagoon ink.  I then used my waterbrush to color in birth.  Because I wanted the bottom of the letters to be darker, I flipped the sentiment over.  My top-to-bottom coloring gave me the bottom-to-top look I wanted.  The next step was to color day the same way, only with Outdoor Denim ink.  The final important step was to ink up and over stamp birthday in Outdoor Denim ink after letting the sentiment dry a bit.

Using the ikat stamp from the Geometric Basics stamp set, I stamped the Goldrush base in Lagoon and again in Outdoor Denim.

The gem is from one of the Base & Bling collections- obviously not just for jewelry!

While I don't have a particular person in mind yet for this card, I love having cards on hand just in case.  My girls especially appreciate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails