Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Technique Blog Hop: Sneak Peek!

If you're a Close To My Heart fan, then you know that the new catalog and Idea Book will be unveiled on 8/1- only a few short weeks way!  Our technique blog hop group is whetting you appetite with a sneak peek at some of the featured techniques.  (If you're already hopping, then you've arrived from Michelle's blog and will visit Melissa Robinson next.)

My technique uses the Cricut to create "Simple Shadows." (You can find the instructions on p. 102 of the CTMH Annual Inspirations to be revealed 8/1.)  It's a super easy technique that will make your scrapbook titles POP.
First, use your Cricut to cut out your title in a light-colored card stock.  Then repeat the cut on a piece of dark card stock.  Glue them together, slightly offset, to make that title pop!  (I used my Artbooking cartridge and the May special paper pack, Free to Be Me.)
Here is the page without the shadow...

...and with the Juniper card stock piece behind the White Daisy piece (and a few Aqua Dots).  Doesn't this look better? 

Here is the left companion page:

Before you leave, I'd like to give you another quick tip.  Since I don't have any more of this paper, I cut the BFF and LOL from the middle of red pieces that you see on the page.  The White Daisy covers the holes, and I was able to stretch this awesome paper a little further!  (It is super simple to cut rectangles out of these larger pieces to use as mats, etc., but I cut a few Cricut pieces with mine.)
Whenever I uncover the pictures of my girls that I have already printed (!!!), I will add them to my layout and repost my pictures.  Thanks for stopping by!  Now be sure to continue on this cool hop to Melissa!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails