Monday, May 18, 2015

H2H Challenges: Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

The latest installment of Heart 2 Heart Challenges is the theme challenge, Extra! Extra! Read All About It!  The project that I came up with is not at all where I thought I would go when I first read about this theme challenge.  I definitely like how all the versions of my card came out, though.
It is so hard for me to believe that this is our last week of school and that graduation is Friday night!  Since our school colors are purple and gold, I grabbed my Gypsy and Honey inks and papers to create this fun graduation card.  (It is based on the sample with the Diploma Day stamp set in the Seasonal Expressions 2 on page 17.)  The main sentiment is stamped in Gypsy on a piece of White Daisy card stock cut with the CTMH/Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.  To create the tassel on the mortarboard, I first stamped it in Honey on the sentiment frame and then in Gypsy on scrap that I then cut out.  I snipped away the tassel on my Gypsy piece and then adhered it over the top of the stamped Honey image.  My embellishments are white and gold shimmer trim plus white epoxy stars.
 This second version uses purple glitter gems as embellishments.
 Another young friend's school colors are black and gold.  Can you see the shine on the Basics Paper Fundamentals embossed card stock?
 Here are two "generic" versions in case I need a few more graduation cards and don't know the correct colors to use.  You can't go wrong with black and white for graduation'1

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my Extra! Extra! H2H challenge submission.  You have all month to join us!

4 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails