Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Make the Cut Technique Blog Hop

This month, we're focusing on all the great cuts that Close To My Heart offers.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Michelle Loncar's blog.  From here, you'll visit Maz Wood's blog next.)
It is graduation season, and with my baby being a high school senior I know that I'm going to need several cards.  I grabbed Eggplant card stock to make this fun cut of a card (that doesn't lay quite flat for a good photo) and paired it with True Love paper collection.  I cut the mortarboard with both sides of Eggplant card stock and the CTMH/Cricut You Are Here cartridge.
I cut the "You Did It!" sentiment with the CTMH/Cricut Flower Market cartridge, and "Way to Go" came from one of the stamp sets in that set.
To create this card base, use a piece of 8.5"x11" card stock.  Score it in half both the length and the width.  Because none of my trimmers are big enough, I used a ruler and pencil to trace the diagonal (top left to bottom right) and then cut it in half by hand.  (You'll get two of these cool cards.)  Fold the flaps over!
When I make a card with a dark card stock base, I line the inside with White Daisy card stock so the message will be clear.

I hope that you'll give this fun card a try!  Please leave a comment before heading off to Maz's blog next.

10 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails