Monday, March 15, 2021

March Technique Blog Hop: Altered Wooden Shapes

Close To My Heart is offering lots of fun wooden pieces that they cut in-house at headquarters in Utah, and altering them is the feature of this month's technique blog hop.  (If you're already hopping then you've probably arrived from Brandi's blog.  From here, you'll visit Michelle's blog next.)


I grabbed my Eat Play Love wood shapes.  They are absolutely adorable!  I rubbed each of the wooden pieces directly into my ink pads to add color (Lagoon, Candy Apple, and Toffee) to correspond with the Eat Play Love paper collection.  I didn't completely saturate the pieces because I wanted the wood grain to show through.  In coloring them, however, I think it's harder to see the cute little cut details on each piece.  


This card has already been featured on my blog, but you can see how I colored the wooden heart in the same manner.  (Details are HERE.)

Please leave a comment before you continue on this hop by visiting Michelle's blog next.  Thank you!



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and I love this technique. I love how it still shows the wood grain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, I love how you used the wood shapes with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your first card!!! I love how the wood grain shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chopping board in the first card just pops and looks so realistic- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute cards, Haley...love how the inked up wood shapes add that perfect touch of dimension and cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun way to use the wooden shapes on a simple card! They really draw fun attention!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails