Monday, May 3, 2021

National Scrapbooking Month Blog Hop

 Close To My Heart just keeps cranking out the hits, I mean, kits!!!  In addition to the five National Scrapbooking Day bundles, they are also offering an amazing National Scrapbooking Month collection, You Are Enough, which is the focus of this blog hop.  You will get so many great ideas!  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Maureen's blog.  From here, you'll visit my creative friend Cat's blog next.)


You can get the various pieces of the You Are Enough collection individually or purchase bundles to save.  I ended up getting a bundle because my wish list cost more than the bundle, but the bundle gave me more products for less money!  (SCORE!)  My bundle really came in handy for this hop because due to unforeseen events, I didn't get the crafting time I was expecting this weekend.  (Life, am I right?)  I decided to grab my Picture My Life cards (which I probably wouldn't have purchased outright but were included in my money-saving bundle) and use some of the 3"x4" cards on actual standard-sized greeting cards.

My first card uses a Blue Belle PML 3"x4" card that I layered onto a 4"x6" PML card (cut down to 4"x5.25" to fit my card front).  I added a strip of Sangria cardstock with the pretty rose gold pattern from my You Are Enough bundle and the pretty butterfly You Are Enough sequin.  (They catch the light and change colors in such a pretty way!)


For my second card, I followed the "be you" motto and embraced the crookedness (although if I had realized it was crooked, I would have added a bit more slant to make the crookedness work).

The top of this image shows one side of the 3"x4" PML card, and the bottom left shows the other.  I trimmed off 3/4" off of each end and turned them over to build my card sentiment.  I added strips of Blue Belle shimmer trim (not included in the You Are Enough bundle) AND I die cut the smaller butterfly from the You Are Enough collection from Blue Belle glitter paper (also not included).


For my third card, I cut down the "You Sparkle" card and then layered it onto a Glacier 3"x4" card, also trimmed down.  I adhered it to a piece of the Sangria rose gold cardstock (4"x5.25") and then added another butterfly sequin.  It didn't sparkle as much as I would have liked, so I swiped my clear shimmer brush across the sentiment.  (Unfortunately, my picture doesn't do the sparkle justice.)

Hopefully your takeaway is that you don't have to use products exactly as they are intended (and that you can create something pleasing even when you're short on time).  I'd love for you to leave a comment before you hop on to Cat's blog next.  Thank you!  Remember, YOU ARE ENOUGH!
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}



10 comments:

  1. Nice cards! I LOVE using PML cards to create cards! They make it really easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great encouragement/motivational cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really do! Such pretty artwork ready to go- take it up a notch or use as is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using PML cards on cards. The first one is my favourite. I totally get life as I was expecting to have the day to myself to work on my project and found out before going to bed last night that schools were closed until further notice. This caused some meltdowns with kids today. LIFE... I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great with the PML cards - reminds me to pull mine out and put them to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of quick and easy cards for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the PML cards. My first thought was to do this but no inspiration stuck so I moved on. Thank you for some inspirations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails