Tuesday, March 15, 2022

March Technique Blog Hop: Creative with Cardstock

With the amazing Close To My Heart Cardstock Carnival Celebration, this month's technique blog hop is featuring are beautiful cardstock.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Lauren's blog.  From here, you'll visit Wendy's blog next.)

I had fun with the (recently retired) Kaleidoscope embossing folder and my circle Thin Cut die cuts to make two 5"x7" cards.  I used the Cake Day color palette as my inspiration: Wild Berry, Lemonade, Glacier, and Green Apple.  I used my For All Occasions stamp set for the sentiment and accented with black bursts.



For my second card, I fussy cut elements from each colored cardstock panel and adhered to my White Daisy base.  After I started outlining some of the circles with a black marker, I'm not sure it was such a great idea, but here we are anyway. LOL  I embellished the card with black enamel dots.

Be sure to take advantage of CTMH's cool Cardstock Carnival special offer this month!  Please leave a comment before you hop on to Wendy's blog next!




7 comments:

  1. Love your cards. What a great paper piecing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with this, Haley! It's so awesome to see how great the embossed images look on the cardstock - of any color. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so striking- I love the pops of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful cards, love the embossed "Color Pops" on the white embossed background. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun way of using this embossing folder

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great take on this embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails