Friday, March 18, 2022

March/April Catalog New Product Blog Hop

Close To My Heart has released yet another fabulous two-month supplemental Idea Book!  This blog hop is featuring new products from the new March/April catalog!  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Darlys's blog.  From here,  you'll visit Gina Brandstetter's blog next.)

I wanted to share the Cake Day paper suite and scrapbooking stamp set plus Thin Cuts, which were a great match with pictures from my niece's 21st birthday celebration earlier this year!  I ended up using a sketch from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 3.

It's hard to tell, but the 1/2" black border strip is actually black shimmer trim.  I used my favorite Daisy Alphabet stamp set for the #21 tag.  I also have a funny picture of the girls under the bottom right photo.  I will use a flip flap to flip up the top photo and add more journaling underneath to tell a little more about our night and to make sure that future generations recognize my brother, his wife, my niece, my sister, my girls, and me.

I had lots of fun creating the B-Day Bash cake.  I inked the candles in Lemonade and the cake stand in black and then stamped the partial images onto the White Daisy Thin Cut outline.  Next, I stamped the center portion of the stamp in Green Apple on scrap White Daisy.  I fussy cut this sentiment then adhered this piece onto the Thin Cut piece.  I stamped the tiny accent stamps from the stamp set in 
Wild Berry and added some Lemonade dots from the matching collection.

I finished off my layout with gold Stickles on the candle flames.

Thanks for letting me share this layout of an amazingly fun evening with you!  Please leave a comment before hopping on to Gina's blog!




4 comments:

  1. Love these papers with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout celebrating a special birthday! Bright and cheery for a fun time. Love the idea of adding flip-flaps for additional information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so great with the concentration of Wild Berry and Black. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails