Wednesday, February 15, 2012

CTMH Product Spotlight Blog Hop: Alphabet Stamps


This month's Close To My Heart Product Spotlight blog hop is featuring our fabulous alphabet stamps! We've got a half dozen talented CTMH consultants sharing a different alphabet stamp set and idea with you, so you can start hopping here by clicking to Elizabeth's blog next (with one of my all time favorite alphabet sets!). (If you're already following the hop, then you should have arrived here from Nikka's blog.)



My layout highlights our photos from our trip to the Cathedral of St. Philip in Atlanta for our daughter's confirmation. I used the Old World alphabet stamp set. I love how elegant it is! Don't worry, though, you can dress this stamp set down too. This one is a little tricky to me to get lined up, but once you get used to it it becomes pretty easy. (For me, stamping one letter at a time is faster than trying to get them lined up on the block to stamp all at once.)

Did you notice how I used the capital A to start my journaling block? The stamp set would have been way too big for the entire journaling, but the large initial letter definitely gives this layout an Old World feel! (Hope you enjoy the pun!)

In case you were wondering, the base of my layout is the retired Bliss paper pack (still available in Studio J) with a punch of Moonstruck. I love how the blue matches the photos and coordinates with the paper pack. Both pages are based on sketches from the "Reflections" how-to book.


Finally, I'm showing you a peek at another layout of her confirmation (for her album), also using the Old World alphabet stamp set. (You can see the entire layout on 2/22 if you'd like to come back.)


I must confess that an alphabet set was one of my first CTMH purchases over a dozen years ago (back when we were called DOTS: Dozens of Terrific Stamps). I loved that I never ran out of a letter like I did with stickers! Plus, we have 60 colors to choose from, so you're bound to find a perfect match.
Thanks for hopping here. Now go check out Elizabeth's alphabet creation!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts Haley! Love that alphabet set! Added to my list of "must haves" :) And your photos took my breath away - how gorgeous is that cahedral? Love your use of the stamp to start your journaling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haley, those are very pretty layouts and the alphabet match perfectly to the theme of the layouts. Great job done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love how you used the stamp to start your journaling. I never even thought of that. Thanks for sharing!

    Amber
    http://ctmh-amber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout. I do love that you started your journaling with the large letter from this Alpha set. It reminds me of old fashioned books.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails