Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hunting Island Footloose Layout

My family has loved to camp at Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina many, many times, and here are pictures from our very first trip there.  Our baby was two and having a great time! 
I used a 6"x12" flip flap to extend this page and show off more of my picures.  It is closed, above, and open, below.
Most of my projects get some type of distressing to them, and this one is no exception. My go-to distressing technique is direct-to-paper, where you swipe the edges of the paper with an ink pad.  You can add a lot of ink or only a little.  Any of our neutral ink colors work well, but you can even distress with the same color or a darker one.  Two reasons that I love this technique are that it helps to disguise any flaws in your project ;) and it also can add dimension and texture without bulk.  Each piece of card stock and B&T paper from the Footloose paper pack was distressed with Desert Sand ink before adhering onto my layout.
 Below is a close up of some of the distressing on this page.

I used a 6"x12" flip flap to expand my right side page.  (The photos below show it closed and then it open.) Here's a close up of the right page with the flip flap closed.  (Sorry for the glare!)  When the entire page is in its page protector, I will adhere the left side of the turtle Dimensional Elements chipboard piece to the page protector, which will allow me to tuck the flap behind its legs.

Since Heart 2 Heart Challenges has thrown down a "water fun" challenge for July, I have to link this layout up!  You too can add your water fun project to the H2H challenge blog IF it includes some CTMH products.  What better way to cool off- some water fun and then some crafty time?

**Many thanks to Tresa Black who designed the 10-page workshop that I used to create this layout!

CTMH Supplies used: Fooloose paper pack and Dimensional Elements chipboard Complements; The Works alphabet stamp set; Desert Sand and Cocoa inks; blue and green button assortments; natural hemp; Stardust glitter glitz gel; flip flaps

10 comments:

  1. This layout is awesome! I think I have some of those flip protectors and have never used them. Too cool! I love your photos and the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on these layouts. Glad we got share firsthand with y'all. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos and layout, Haley. I especially like that little square with the torn wavy paper right beside the picture of your daughter in the water. Aren't flip-flaps great for including more photos? Love the turtle-clasp, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great layout. I really like how you used the flip flaps. I have a pack of these that you have inspired me to get out and use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the details in these pages...thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how you used the flip flap, great way to add extra pics

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun layout!! I really like the waves made out of torn paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work Haley. You reminded me of a technique I haven't done in a while. Paper tearing. Love the way you made it look like waves and played right into the pattern on the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic layout! I forgot about tearing paper ... thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails