Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Scrap Our Stash July Challenge: Seeing Stars

Scrap Our Stash is a fun monthly challenge blog where all skill levels, products, etc., are welcome!  We definitely encourage you to use up some of your stash each month.  The July challenge is STARS, so I dug deep into my photo stash to scrap these pictures of my then-15-month-old (who is now 11!).  I am working hard this summer to get all my layouts in albums and to go back and scrap old photos like these.
For the left page, I wrote my journaling first (fortunately I had written it way back then and stuck my notes with the photos) and then stamped the stars along the journaling.  The stars are from the Close To My Heart American Celebration and (retired) Shining Stars stamp sets.  (For both pages, stamp your largest image first, then go back in and fill in with the smaller stamps, working from smallest to largest.)  Then, I cut along the edges of the stars to create the border.  Finally, I backed it with the striped paper from the CTMH Superhero paper pack.


I embellished both pages with red, white, and blue sparkles, (retired) gold star brads, and red Glitter Glitz Gel.
For this largest star, I first inked it up in Cranberry, rolled the edges in black, and then stamped it on the bottom left of my 12"x12" Colonial White card stock.  I then stamped the star again on scrap card stock in Moonstruck, sky, and Sunkiss Yellow (the colors of the Superhero paper).  I cut out the pieces that I wanted to use and then glued them to the base star.  When my photo mat hid the right "arm" of the star, I used an exacto knife to cut it and was able to slide the mat behind it.
Now it's your turn!  Visit the SOS blog and link up your starry project.  It doesn't have to be patriotic, and you'll find some great inspiration over there.  Happy scrapping and to all my American friends, happy Fourth of July!

2 comments:

  1. Wowza...this l/o looks great! Love all the stars and embellishments. And those cuties...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this layout - and I am so going to borrow the idea for my little 4th of July baby pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails