Monday, July 9, 2012

Kraft 6"x6" Mini Album

My parents just celebrated their 44th anniversary, so I made a little something to commemorate this day and their life together so far: a mini album using Close To My Heart's 6"x6" kraft card and envelopes.  I paired the "album" bases with the Roxie paper pack and the Card Chatter- Love stamp set, adding in various embellishments that I had on hand.  (Here's the whole gang: my parents, my siblings and their families, my family, and my mom's sister.)

Before I began decorating, I used my 3-hole punch (you know, from the office supply store) to punch two holes in each card and each envelope.  Using the 3-hole punch allowed the holes to be uniformly punched on each "page."
Here is the front cover:

Pages 1 & 2:

The envelope flap opened with the pull-out tag:
The right page opened up to make another layout (sketch from Imagine):
Pages 3 & 4:

The right side, opened:
Pages 5 & 6:

Opening the right envelope flap:
See how the flap will tuck behind the photo mat?

Pages 7 & 8:
The slide-out tag from page 8 (the card was turned with the flap at the top and then I cut off about an inch off the right side):
Page 9 (with the same tag from the photo above showing):
Pages 9 & 10:

Somehow I missed a photo of page 10 opened up to show the inside of the envelope and its pull-out tag!  Finally, here is the back cover:
If you're still with me, I'll close with a picture of my hubby and me, because we also just celebrated our anniversary.  We're looking forward to 44 years together, but it will be a while!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Love those papers. I want to see it filled with photos now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our new album is adorable. I will have a fun time filling it up with precious photos. Thanks sooo much, honey. It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to both couples on your anniversary days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails