Monday, July 2, 2012

H2H Challenges Patriotism Meets JUGS Stars & Sparkle!

Today I am super-excited to share the first July challenge from Heart 2 Heart Challenges!  First, it's a great one with one of my favorite subjects: patriotism.  However you would like to interpret that subject is fine by us as long as you use some Close To My Heart products on your project.  (Remember, we have a new challenge each Monday, but you have all month to play along.)  Second, we are introducing a brand new design team to you this week!  Please visit the H2H Blog to check out our new gals and their great work!  They are sure to inspire you these next six months.

Also, if you noticed from my title, Just Us Girls has a "wild card" challenge (#143) going on right now: stars and sparkles.  I think this card has the stars, stripes, and spangles for both challenges.

If this card looks a little familiar to you, it's because I made it with pieces leftover from my recent card class.  I used the Superhero paper pack and a card sketch from Originals (retired).  You can't see it well in the photo, but I misted the main panel with Sky ink before overstamping it with the music score from the Universal Backgrounds stamp set in Moonstruck.  The Cranberry heart is stamped with the large circle design from the American Celebration stamp set.  The blue and red stars were also cut with the Cricut Art Philosphy cartridge.  (The red one is covered in Red Glitter Glitz Gel as is the zigzag stripe on the border.)  The kraft Milestones corrugated cardboard shape was distressed with Sky ink.  A Cranberry sparkle and knotted grosgrain ribbon finish off the main panel.  I then highlighted the stars and a few stripes on the bottom pieces with Liguid Glass for more shine.

Thanks for taking a look at my patriotic card.  God Bless the USA and happy Fourth of July!  Take some time to get crafty this holiday week and link up your projects to the H2H Challenges blog and/or the Just Us Girls blog.

10 comments:

  1. Love, love this sparkly card!!! Happy 4th to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! I love the sparkles too! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Fearless Leader! Awesome use of the stamp on the heart. You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! In addition to the music background, which you KNOW I like, the "fireworks" stamp looks really good on the heart - and I would never have thought to use it there!
    Happy Independence Day! and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the music notes background, your'e work is always inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute sparkly card (I love sparkles and bling). So glad to be part of the H2H DT with you and Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card, Haley. You really heighten the stars and hearts and having the music background took it all over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you stamped the heart, is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job with the challenge and thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails