Monday, January 18, 2021

January/February Catalog New Product Blog Hop

Close To My Heart just keeps getting better and better with each of its bimonthly Idea Books, and the January/February 2021 installment is no exception!  Join this group of talented CTMH Makers to share some of our favorites along this new product blog hop.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Michelle's blog.  From here, you'll click on her name to visit Stefani's blog.)

When I saw the Happiness Lives Here collection, I knew it would be a good match with my photos from our one and only vacation in 2020, a fall trip to Hilton Head Island with our dear friends.  For my first layout, I knew I wanted to incorporate the Sunshine stickers, and I let my photos drive my layout design.
One thing that is hard to see is that I splattered the White Daisy base pages with Blue Belle and Lemonade shimmer brushes.  In addition to the Happiness Lives Here paper, stickers, and wooden shapes, I added in Blue Belle glitter paper and Gold shimmer trim.
I cut the accent tags with my retired Thin Cuts tags.

The second layout in this series will be the feature of my upcoming class, so I'm sharing the third and final layout from our trip here.
This layout uses the Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 3 sketch #22.  I didn't include all of my photos to share publicly since, well, we were at the beach, and I don't want you to be jealous of my hot husband (LOL)!  I've already added my actual photos and added these layouts to my 2020 box.  (They're in a box because I have so many layouts left to make for 2020, and they are not ready to be organized yet.)
For this layout, I also splattered the White Daisy base pages with Blue Belle shimmer brush.  On my journaling box, I used leftover sticker strips (from the background) and the arrow stamp from the Happiness Lives Here Cardnmaking stamps and Thin Cuts.

Although we can't travel right now, at least we can dream, scrapbook, and hop along this blog hop for great ideas!  Please leave a comment before visiting Stefani's blog next!

{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}



13 comments:

  1. Love your layouts. They will serve as great inspiration for the paper I have left over from this pack. It's such a pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layouts! The papers and stamps work beautifully with your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layouts! Great idea to split up the word sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the splatters and how you spread out the title on your first layout- some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts, and perfect for your day at the beach (with your hot hubby!LOL!!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both layouts - the one with the banners is my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the comments! The split title was a necessity that turned out better than I thought it would.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great layouts in which to preserve these great photos and memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have never paired this paper pack with the beach but it works so perfectly. On a side note we use to go to Hilton Head every year when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome pages! I like the layouts, especially the first one with the banners across.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layouts. I love the splatters of shimmer, just little extra bits of color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails