Monday, February 1, 2021

February Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Doodled Borders

Close To My Heart has a cute stamp of the month for February, Doodled Borders!  Join me and about 20 other consultants for inspiration with this stamp set.  I created two cards to share with you.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Lauren's blog.  From here, you'll visit Gina's blog next!)

My first card pairs Doodled Borders with the Letter Tiles stamp set and Thin Cuts.  I knew that I wanted to use Almond for the tiles, so I decided to use the current Mix Ins palette of Peach, Canary, Avocado, Almond, and Black.  (I stamped my border stamps in that order.)  I used the lighter side of Avocado cardstock for my card base and then decided to stamp the little lines to better set off my HI.  The arrow is also from the Doodled Borders stamp set.  I used black shimmer trim (cut down skinnier) and a wooden heart to finish it.

My second card didn't turn out quite like I planned, and I don't think I'm finished with it, but I am sharing anyway!

I wanted to try to make a rainbow using the Sweet Safari palette of Candy Apple, Sundance, Avocado, Lagoon, and Bluebird (which my husband did not see at all on this card!).  At first I tried staggering the stamped Doodled Borders, but that didn't work out.  I felt that this sketch from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 4 kind of gave me the look I wanted.  The sunburst covers the worst of my misaligned border stamping.
I cut the sun on White Daisy cardstock with my CTMH/Cricut Artbooking cartridge (because I don't yet have any Sundance cardstock) then sponged it with Sundance ink and a tiny bit of Candy Apple.  I added Sundance shimmer brush to the center.  You probably can't tell, but I painted Bluebird shimmer brush on the Bluebird strips.  I will probably add a sentiment as a banner on the bottom right, but since I couldn't decide what just yet, I've left it blank.  What sentiment would you add?  I'd love your suggestions!

Please leave a comment before you hop to Gina's Little Corner of StampinHeaven next!  Thanks for visiting!

{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}



13 comments:

  1. I see the rainbow and love the sun shading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your cards! I have to try the scrabble stamp/die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards, thanks for sharing them. There are so many different sentiments that would be perfect for that second card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that you used the stamped images for just part of each card. Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ideas and a great way to use this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! My favorite is the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun cards! I love the colors and the mirrored pattern you created on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both cards, great use of the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both the cards, but especially the scrabble tiles and that sunburst!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails