Friday, September 10, 2021

2021-22 Core Catalog New Product Blog Hop

September marks the beginning of the Close To My Heart year with a brand new, incredible Core Catalog!  Our blog hop group is featuring our favorites from the Core Catalog, which will be available through August 2022.  Grab your wish list and hop along to see so many amazing new products and ideas. (If you're already hopping, you've probably arrived from amazingly creative Katy's blog.  From here, you'll visit my Heart2Heart Challenges teammate Lauren's blog next.)


I finally decided to use the pretty As You Grow paper pack, sticker sheet, coordinating cardstock, and Picture My Life cards to scrapbook my aunt's memorial service this past weekend.  You'll notice that I haven't journaled (yet) because my thoughts are too private for the world wide web.  (Thanks for understanding.)  I do want to stress how important journaling is to document the stories and people behind your photos.  No one wants to inherit "strangers in a box."

I embellished both pages with NEW Papaya shimmer trim.  Though this collection has a baby motif, I thought that the "love you forever" sums up my love for my aunt and my extended family.  My aunt loved to garden, so the botanical theme is perfect to celebrate her life.


Since it was hard to get 23 of us to look at the camera (especially since two are under four years old), I wanted to use two of the many family photos.  Flip flaps of course came to my rescue, and on the 4x6" Picture My Life journaling card, I will document who exactly was in attendance- and who had to attend virtually unfortunately due to COVID-19.  Also note that the actual service bulletin can be pulled out of the top-loading page protector.  The poem is adhered at the middle and bottom to provide a pocket to pull out the bulletin.

Thanks for letting me show you a little bit of the pretty As You Grow collection.  If you only saw babies, I hope I've inspired you to think again!  Please leave a comment before hopping to Lauren's blog next.  
{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}


9 comments:

  1. Your layout and photos go great together! Love that you always have photos on your artwork! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Melissa! My photos are the reason I scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous double page layout and I love the touch of papaya shimmer trim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you did a layout and LOVE that you used As You Grow in a non-baby way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty! And I love how you used Flip Flaps to increase the number of photos. Those things are MAGIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout! I love that you used the As you Grow papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love the As You Grow papers for an avid gardener.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails