Wednesday, December 1, 2021

December Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Owl Love You Forever

Welcome to December!  (Where has this year gone?!?)  Close To My Heart has an adorable stamp of the month, Owl Love You Forever.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Melinda's blog.  From here, you'l visit Gina's Little Corner of StampinHeaven next.)

I wanted to pair our new Mocha and Capri together, so I began by stamping the owl in Mocha then coloring with my Gold Brown and True Blue Spectrum Noir markers.  (I added a little Yellow Gold for the beak.)  I played around with several distress oxide inks to create my background, including water splatters plus Sapphire, Lagoon, and Clear shimmer brush splatters.  I stamped my sentiment in Mocha, added some True Blue color, then finished off my card with Capri shimmer trim and Mocha glitter paper (plus a little wooden heart button).



I'm really looking forward to playing with this set all month long.  Please leave a comment before you hop on over to Gina's blog next!  Happy December!




8 comments:

  1. What a pretty card. It looks like the Owl is flying at night. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background and the colors chosen for your owl! They go great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Distress Oxide background is PERFECT for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scene with the distressed oxide background1 Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great scene card! I'm inspired to try this image. It was the hardest one for me to envision using.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails