Friday, April 1, 2022

April Stamp of the Month Blog Hop: Message in a Bottle

Happy April Fool's Day!  You won't find any tricks here, just treats, as we showcase the April stamp of the month, Message in a Bottle, on our monthly blog hop.  (If you're already hopping, then you've probably arrived from Darlys's blog.  From here, you'll visit Show and Tell with Michelle next.)


I created two cards using patterns from Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 2, the In Full Bloom paper collection, Intense Black ink, and Liquid Glass (with Black & White Dots as my simple embellishments).

For my first card, I stamped the bottle with Intensive Black ink only Glacier cardstock and then fussy cut it out.  I also stamped the heart stamp in the bottle.  I used one of my aqua Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers to add some shading to the heart.  I then applied Liquid Glass over the entire inside of the "bottle."  I love how it literally makes my stamped image look like glass, and I also love how these alcohol-based markers don't bleed!

For my second card, I stamped the bottle on Avocado cardstock and then stamped the note inside.  I stamped the note a second time on the lighter side of a scrap of Avocado cardstock, fussy cut, and then stamped the sentiment inside.

Before applying the Liquid Glass, I colored the cork with my Gold Brown Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend marker.  (I can't express enough how much I love that they don't bleed under the Liquid Glass!  They will bleed through cardstock so be sure to add a layer under your coloring.)

This pretty stamp set has a variety of bottles and sentiments to choose from.

Please leave a comment before continuing the April stamp of the month blog hop by visiting Show and Tell with Michelle next!

{Click HERE for all the hop participants and their blogs.}


6 comments:

  1. Your cards are wonderful! I thought about stamping on cs and paper piecing, but I didn't think how fun it would be to use Liquid Glass. I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are one, great fussy cutter!! I thought those images were colored. They look amazing, particularly with Liquid Glass over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Haley! These bottles are ART!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the addition of Liquid Glass for the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have made these cards! Will definitely be giving it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails