Friday, October 16, 2009

Highlights from our Holiday

We are home safe & sound from our lovely vacation. (We had thought to go to New Orleans yesterday, but with the weather and the President coming to town, we headed back home instead. We'll hit the Big Easy another time when we can stay a bit longer.)

Here are a few photo highlights of our trip. We surprised our parents with "FFF" t-shirts the first night on board. FFF = Forced Family Fun, a tradition that started way back when I was in high school. We've added several Fs to the list:
Foreign
Free
Floating
Freaky (by Ansley)
and a few other Fs you can imagine...



The grandparents kept the little boys so that the rest of us could tour Uxmal Mayan ruins. They were absolutely incredible, but here are only two of my photos.














We went to a "private club" on Cozumel where we were able to swim and snorkel without any hassle. The girls also got a few Caribbean braids in their hair.






















The girls learned to make towel puppies at Camp Carnival.




Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

(Need I say more?!?)









The famous Carnival "fan tail"




Now let the laundry begin!

5 comments:

  1. Nice job on telling about the trip! I'll post a link to here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the FFF was fabulous! Love the t-shirts, great idea. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy sent me over. What a great time and thanks for explaining the three 'F's'. I hadn't a clue. Love it.

    Sorry about all that laundry, but I so understand. Happens every single trip doesn't it!

    Have a terrific day and weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics Hayley, glad you had fun! I hate the laundry after a vacation ewwww...
    Congrats on winning Tresa's blog candy while you were away...at least I think it was you unless there is another Hayley D :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Haley!!!

    F = Foreign!!!
    A very interesting and funny blog...i'll visit you, when i can!!!
    Compliments for the humor and the "fantasia"!!!
    Ciao!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails