Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mermaids (Layout #43)

Mermaids will probably not be sighted in Cozumel today, but we are planning to head to the beach to do a bit of swimming and snorkeling.

These photos of my sweethearts playing at the beach were taken Spring Break 2007. They played together so sweetly, and watching them was such joy. Ah, the simple pleasures in life. Enjoy those little moments.

This layout uses the now-retired Whoops-A-Daisy papers. I borrowed my Mom's Daydream stamp set for the images (Chocolate Alphabet Small also used). White ricrac was the perfect embellishment.

I think I may have invented a new technique! See the waves on the lefthand layout (stamped under the picture)? The Ocean ink turns purple on the Watermelon cardstock, so I first stamped my image in White Daisy ink (which I also used to distress the edges of my Watermelon cardstock) and then when it dried, I stamped again with Ocean ink. This was a great way to try to keep the color "true" on the darker cardstock.

Finally, if this layout looks somewhat familiar, it's because it is based on the layout featured in the Grace Workshop on the Go (last month's workshop)!



1 comment:

  1. I will have to see that technique up close and personal.
    Are you scrapbooking on the cruise?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails