Saturday, October 17, 2009

Spooky Sky Cards

Today's challenge over at 365 Cards is to incorporate the sky into your project. Though I still have tropical skies on my mind, the weather here at home has definitely turned to fall. I was trying my hand at brayering a la Michelle Zindorf. She offers some amazing tutorials on her site, so I'll let you go there to learn since I obviously still need help. (I definitely understand now why she clear embosses everything. No matter how small I made my mask I still had a white "ghost" around my tree. I finally traced around them w/my lightest colored marker, and now they "glow.") I also think that sponging the sky would have been more effective, but it was fun to try something different. (It's been forever since I've used my rubber brayer.) The great thing about paper crafting is that the sky's the limit. (Okay, not so "pun-ny" I admit.) Why don't you try something new today, or pull out something "old" and make it new again? I'd love to see what you come up with.

I think I've also qualified for Saturday Spotlight's Challenge #3: Make a Scene. Do you think I've also qualified for Cute Card Thursday's SPOOKY challenge? I wish the green ground actually looked green instead of gray-ish as it does here.

Happy paper crafting! (Scroll down if you have any interest in my first post of the day.)
Both cards use the October Word Puzzle (soon to be retired) and Grown with Love stamp sets on 5"x7" Pansy Purple card bases.
Top card inks: Garden Green, Cocoa, Sunflower, Autumn Terracotta, Outdoor Denim, Pansy Purple, and Black
Bottom card inks: Garden Green, Cocoa, Crystal Blue, Moonstruck, Pansy Purple, and Black
(All supplies from Close To My Heart.)

12 comments:

  1. Ohhhh These are awesome Hayley...wayyyy beyond my simple offerings with this SS! I have the hardest time with my brayer and I revert to sponges. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the colors and glow on your first card. I seriously went "ooooooooo" when I saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I have never even attempted the brayer. Yours turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you've been having fun! Cute, cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo nice! Great job on the brayering! (I tried it today, but couldn't get it to look good. Thanks for the link to the tutorial - I'm going to try it again now!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you brayered...very spooky looking card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes these definately qualify for the Saturday Spotlight and they are awesome! Your brayering look great and will only get better with practice (ask me how I know, teehee). Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight. Hope to see you again next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! What a fantastic job on the brayering!! I so much love the vibrant looking sky line!! Goes perfect with your images for a spooky Halloween night!! :) So fun!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow what a great job brayering!! You make it easier than it really is (I know because I try!! LOL). I love the witch in the sky!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly spooky scenes with wonderful technique! Thanks for playing in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these spooky scenes are gorgeous with the colors and techniques used. Thanks for playing with the Sat. Spotlight this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love the sky with the silhouette images! Glad you could join us at Saturday Spotlight this week:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails