Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Stamp Inventory Notebook

My husband says that I have a problem. Actually, an addiction. He says that I am addicted to Close To My Heart stamps. I beg to differ. It is not an addiction. I don't care if this first step is admittance. It is not an addiction.

I did realize that I had a problem, though, when I couldn't exactly remember every image of every stamp that I own. I think it may be my advancing age. It certainly wouldn't be because I own too many stamps.

Since CTMH's stamps are clear now and require such little space to store, I do not have them all "on display" like I did with my wood-mounted stamps long ago. I am such a visual person, and out of sight is literally out of mind.

I thought and thought and brainstormed and brainstormed on this little problem and decided that I needed a stamp inventory notebook. I have some cheap-o photo albums for a certain supercenter chain near you that is supposed to hold photos. I have painstakingly cut out images of the stamps that I own from my old catalogs. GASP! I know! I cut up a few old catalogs! I do have intact versions of these same old catalogs.

If the image was small enough, I just slipped it into the binder. Some images were larger so I have to cut them into pieces and paste onto a 4x6 piece of old patterned paper in that set's color.

Now what do I mean by that stamp set's color? Each CTMH stamp set has a colored sheet in the front of the plastic envelope that indicates which category that stamp belongs to. I store my stamp sets alphabetically in color groups. Hey, that's what works for me.
Here are the categories:
Alphabet Fonts: Indian Corn Blue
Sentiments: Blush
Frames, Tags and Borders: Lilac Mist
Spring: Buttercup
Summer: Golden Ember
Autumn: Olive
Winter: Desert Sand
Celebration: Amethyst
Everyday Life: Crystal Blue
Animals, Outdoors and Travel: Topiary
Oh, yeah! One more detail: I created the tabs for my binder by cutting out cardstock to fit that I stamped with a file folder stamp and then labeled with the appropriate category.

Do you see the "R" on each of these? Well, these stamps are retired but I still love them.

Let me know if you have any questions!





6 comments:

  1. With today's rain, I plan on doing some more organizing and cleaning up of my stamp area. Love this organizing idea and I have good intentions of doing something similar (thanks to your great suggestions).

    But first (there is always that!) I need to finish up a few things here at my desk. Why does *work* have to get in the way of FUN?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have them organized. I finally organized my stamps this past summer. Isn't it a good feeling to know what you actually own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! I so want to get my stamps and photos organized. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXCELLENT idea!!!! I'm going to make one of these for myself. {I have the same non-addiction.} :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spent Sunday organizing my photos..I had done well until july so it took a while...

    After seeing this project i would think you were superorganized type a a retentive person in need of medication, but I know you and realize this is a limited problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Now I need to make time to get it done. Thanks for the inspiration, Haley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails