Thursday, October 1, 2009

October Stamp of the Month BLOG HOP

It's THAT time of the month! Time for another Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month Blog Hop, that is! We're doing our monthly hop a little bit differently this time, with three different rounds or loops of hoppers (see my previous post for the complete deets), so be sure to check them all out over the next few days. (Of course I guess they'll be here in cyberspace basically forever!) If you came from Jen's blog then you're hopping right along.

The October stamp of the month is called Holiday Warmth, and it will bring you just that! I created this circle card following the "Ricochet" sketch from Wishes. The Jingle paper pack is so festive! Although the October stamp of the month has some adorable images, I chose to let the Jingle papers shine through. The vellum really did the trick to add a layer but still let you see those cute packages.

Speaking of shine, what do you think of the bling? I traced a border on the rectangle and square pieces with my Liquid Glass and then sprinkled Prisma Glitter on it before it could dry. It kind of reminds me of sugar crystals on a sugar cookie! I had to dot the "i" in shines with a tiny clear sparkle too.

Enjoy a little warmth on this hop to jump start your holiday creations! Now hop on over to Michelle's blog and see her cute creation! Thanks for visiting. Be sure to pop back in because I'll be posting more artwork with this stamp set (and others). If you'd like to purchase this stamp set (or anything else from Close To My Heart), you can click right HERE. Did you know that you can earn the stamp of the month at a discount or even free?

Also, come back Saturday for a blog hop to celebrate World Card Making Day!

6 comments:

  1. Your circle card is GREAT! I love the vellum and glitter. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love circle cards - and yours SHINES! I figured out a fun tip to prevent circle cards from rolling away when you stand them up...take your sanding block and lightly sand the bottom edge square....it only takes a little bit, and it's not even visible when you look at the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sparkle! The vellum is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your use of vellum as a layer - love all the sparkle, too - TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails