Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Scrapper's Journey (AKA One Scrapper's Process)

Did you miss me yesterday? Boy was it crazy around here! Macey wasn't feeling well Sunday (sore throat/cough) and it turns out she was running a fever, so she couldn't go to school Monday. My MIL is home from her trip to Greece and Turkey, so she offered to keep her which worked out very well. (DH had two generator jobs lined up- yay!) I had a 7:40 conference (my work hours are 7:30-3:30), my first of the last reading endorsement class from 3:30-7:30, and an extremely important church vestry meeting from 4:30-6:30. (I went to the vestry meeting late and left early, but at least I was able to vote on the big issues.) The funny thing was that I got locked out of the middle school and it took forever for me to get someone inside to answer their cell phone and let me in. (The two numbers I had wouldn't answer, so I called a friend who was able to give me another participant's number, and I was finally in.) Okay, that was TMI I'm sure! I ate a bowl of cereal for dinner at 8:30. Whew.

Today's tip comes from the blog Write. Click. Scrapbook. (You can find it on my sidebar at right.) You've probably noticed that I love to scrapbook and record my family's memories. It is also very interesting to me to read about how and what other people scrapbook. Go read Marnie's journey. I'll bet she'll inspire you. What do you scrapbook? I'd love for you to share here what you typically scrapbook or how you like to scrapbook.

I am really enjoying trying to follow Stacy Julian's Library of Memories "system." Each of the girls have their sets of albums, and I will continue to add "their" layouts to their albums. (That is not part of her system but part of mine.) We have a set of family travels albums (and I don't feel totally obligated anymore to add those layouts to the girls' albums. They can fight over those layouts when I'm gone.) I am planning to start a "Places We Go" album for those places that are important in our lives: school, church, dance, etc. I have started a "Things We Do & Love" album and an "All About Us" album for family things or for layouts of Daddy or me. Now, this system may sound like a lot of work to you, but I am really enjoying it. If I could just get my finished layouts into actual albums that would be really good! Dinner is calling, and yep, I'm the "chef."

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Hayley...I have a hodge podge of LO's all together..probably because I am not much of a scrapper...organizing an album for each kid has to go on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did have quite a day on Monday - and then still 4 more workdays this week. Hope Macey is feeling better today. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started with good intentions on my picture sorting and got through July..oh well better than nothing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails