Monday, October 12, 2009

Uxmal

Today we are docking in Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico. The four of us, my brother, and sister/BIL have booked a shore excursion to visit Uxmal, a Mayan ruin that means "thrice built." We debated between here and Chichen Itza and are hoping for less crowds here. (Grammie & Grumps will be keeping the wee boys on the ship.)

Here are some pictures I found online to whet your appetite (and ours) for the trip.

I'm not sure whose idea it was to book an excursion without looking at what time it leaves! This one departs pretty early in the morning. Maybe a nap will tide us over to dinner.

2 comments:

  1. that look like chitchen itza, but if that is uxmal you are in for a treat. I hope you get enough to eat!
    I love mayan ruins, no matter where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deal was that the kids had to bring back lots of photos to show G&G! We both loved having the wee boys for ourselves today. The nap was great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails