Sunday, November 25, 2012

Blue Christmas Challenges Card

Even though I'm feeling blue about the Thanksgiving holiday ending, I am getting very excited about Christmas!  While surfing some of my favorite challenge blogs, I couldn't resist combining a few to create this card for someone special.
 First, I began with the Navy & Silver palette at Dynamic Duos (challenge #30).  I used the (retired) Magnifique paper pack with Slate and Pacifica inks and the October stamp of the month, A Very Merry Christmas.
I also used the Retrosketches sketch #39 as my inspiration.  Can you see how I stamped the music staff from the Universal Backgrounds stamp set?
Self-adhesive silver trim is my favorite new embellishment!  I created the faux bow with seam binding and held it in place with a shimmer brad.  I think this qualifies for a Heart 2 Heart's BLING challenge, don't you?  I finished the card off with some silver glitter glitz gel too.
Have a blue Christmas!

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Haley! So nice to have you playing with us at Dynamic Duos :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, thanks for the inkspiration. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the music staff printed on the patterned paper, hadn't seen it until you pointed it out. Good job of hitting lots of challenges, too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I love the glitzy brad! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, I love the simple layout and that background is fabulous. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab paper you've used, and that ornament is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all of the detail on that ornament! The sparkly brad is the perfect touch on the bow, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love all of the detail on that ornament! The sparkly brad is the perfect touch on the bow, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails