Monday, November 19, 2012

H2H Challenges: Christmas Is in the Air

It's once again time to get your Christmas craft on at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!  (I know, I know, here in America we're celebrating Thanksgiving this week, but as crafters we have to work ahead of schedule.  I am NOT a fan of Happy Hallowthankschristmasgiving! LOL)  Seriously, though, can you believe that Christmas is only about a month away?  We're trying to help you get ahead of the game.  My project this week is treat bags for my daughters' friends.

Don't tell the girls, but these were a cinch to make.  Last year, I stocked up on the lotion and emery boards in the after-Christmas half-off sales. ;)  Then, I found the mini nail polish- also on sale- and added it to my stash.  Hubby suggested adding chapstick, and DD thought candy canes would make them more festive.

The lotions themselves drove my non-traditional color palette of Pear and Cotton Candy, but it's a great combo for teens!  I created a simple square card (8"x4" base) of card stock.  I used the stamp set in the Pear & Partridge Workshop on the Go kit to stamp the presents in the corners and "Merry Christmas" on the back.  Then, I stapled the cards to the bags as bag toppers.  The center sentiment panels hide the staple (at least on the front).
To finish the bag toppers, I used Green & Pink Glimmer Glitz Gel to add some sparkly "bling."  The girls will be able to add a personal message to the back of each one and then give them to their friends this holiday season.
 
Now, go check out what our fabulous DT has to inspire you this week and link you your Christmas project to the H2H challenge blog.  Happy holidays!

4 comments:

  1. These are like TOTALLY AWE-SOME! The gals are gonna love, love this. These toppers are incredibly versatile to use in various ways all year long...for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE! Love that girly take on the Christmas colours, and the wonderful girly goodies in the gift-packs (as the mother of only boys...). I love ideas for more uses for our paper-crafting supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink and green Christmas theme! Your little project is festive and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute gift bags! You are a smart Mom -but I already know that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails