Monday, November 5, 2012

Heart 2 Heart Challenges: November Inspiration

If you're already a fan of Heart 2 Heart Challenges, then you may have seen this week's news: Our fearless and fantastic leader, Mary, is stepping down from the H2H blog at the end of the year.  (She is no longer a CTMH consultant and is being led in other directions at this stage of life.)  Never fear, though, because Yours Truly is stepping up to try to fill her mighty big shoes and keep H2H moving forward.  Shirley Ross is coming along with me as my fearless and inspirational sidekick. 

Now on to this week's challenge: Use this photo in any way that strikes you to spark your CTMH creativity.

I fell in love with the color palette and those darling owls.  Unfortunately, none of my owls seemed to "work" for me, so instead I created this thank you card.
It uses the A Little Thanks stamp set, and I literally pulled scraps of Champagne, Chocolate, and Topiary (retired B&T) to fit card sketch #28 from the Make It From Your Heart, Vol. 1 how-to guide.  I stamped the edges of my card base with a floral spray from this stamp set in the same colors as the papers. 

For the sentiment, I first inked it up in Pear and then rolled the edges in Chocolate.  (Yum!)  I cut it out along the stamped scalloped edges and then used Liquid Glass to adhere the two cardstock pieces to the burlap ribbon and then the ribbon to the Topiary panel.  I also used Liquid Glass to hold the button and Chocolate striped grosgrain ribbon.  A little Almond Glitter Glitz Gel gave the sentiment a bit of sparkle.

If you'd like more inspiration or are ready to play along, head on over to H2H.  We're so thankful for our readers and participants! 

1 comment:

  1. I love that card and I can see where you were inspired by that pretty tablescape. Congratulations on taking the H2H helm next year, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails