Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Scrap Our Stash November Challenge: Tear It Up!

This month's Scrap Our Challenge is to tear it up!  Tear your paper to add texture and dimension to your layout without tons of bulk.
I love creating natural elements like mountains and waves with torn paper.  Tearing can really soften straight edges.  If your cardstock has a white core, when you tear the paper toward you, the white core will show.  If you don't want the white core to show, either tear your paper away from you, or turn it over and tar it toward you on the back of the piece you plan to use.  That is how I created my "mountains" for my layout of our trip to Chimney Rock State Park in North Carolina.  To give the mountains further definition, I inked the torn edges in Twilight ink on the Twilight cardstock.
 The photo collage was made through Walmart.com when I uploaded and purchased my photo prints.
This layout uses the Close To My Heart Clementine paper pack, the Old World Alphabet stamp set, and the Cottage Assorment of fabric and button flowers.  I used Twilight, Creme Brulee, and Saddle inks too.

We'd love for you to tear it up this month and share your layout at Scrap Our Stash!  All products and skill levels are welcome!

1 comment:

  1. I love paper tearing! Yes, this was a great trip. Your layout is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails