Monday, August 26, 2013

H2H Challenges Make a Scene Meets CAS(E) this Sketch!

This week's Heart 2 Heart challenge is to use your stamps to create a scene.  Now, most people are probably thinking flowers or something in nature, but my thoughts went in a different direction.  When I saw the CAS(E) this Sketch #42, I knew that I wanted to use my CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge to cut out a word balloon.
To create my card, I turned the sketch upside down and grabbed my Fashionista stamp set to pair with the August CTMH stamp of the month, A Chocolate Affair.  Would you believe that the Babycakes paper pack is my palette?
First, I stamped the two girls with Champagne ink onto a 4"x5.25" piece of Colonial White card stock.  I also stamped them on some scrap paper to make a mask, and then I stamped them again in Buttercup, Sunset, and Lagoon to paper piece their clothing.  The street scene is one of the Fashionista stamps that I had to stamp twice in Slate to stretch across the page (after creating the masks for the gals).  I distressed the speech bubble with Champagne ink, then adhered it over the Babycakes polka dots and the Lagoon washi tape.  What's better than shopping with girlfriends with a little chocolate thrown in?

Be sure to check out how the H2H DT interpreted the Make a Scene challenge, and be sure to check out the other CTS entries too.

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Did you feel like you were back to playing with paper dolls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed when I saw your card. Shopping and chocolate. The best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did feel like I was playing with paper dolls again. And who can resist shopping and chocolate?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails