Thursday, April 30, 2020

Omaha Beach Layout

We were so fortunate to be able to travel to Europe last summer to meet up with our older daughter at the end of her study abroad in Germany.  We loved every leg of our trip, but visiting the D-Day beaches was especially meaningful.  Reading about it in a book is much less powerful than being there!
I used the Seas the Day collection and the special Poppy Sentiments (which retire tonight!) to commemorate our visit and remember the fallen.
My layout sketches come from the retired Reflections how-to guide.  I tried to keep my layout fairly simple to focus on my photos and memories.  
I used Fern and New England Ivy for the "grass" and stalks.  The poppies are a combination of stamp rolling in Peach, Smoothie, and Candy Apple.  The great thing about using one of CTMH's paper collections is that they have developed a gorgeous color palette.
Be sure to experiment with your base pages.  I tried White Daisy, Mink, and Mint, and the light side of the Mint, along with the Sapphire photo mats, really made my pictures pop.  To create my title, I cut the letters with my CTMH/Cricut Artbooking cartridge and decided to use the negatives.  I embellished my layout with the Seas the Day and White enamel dots, along with some wooden arrows.

Thank you for letting me share part of our trip with you!  If you need any CTMH products, please let me know!  If you haven't marked yourself as "going" to the Close To My Heart National Scrapbooking Day live event this Saturday, be sure to do so!  You will be eligible for prizes, even if you're not online!  Happy National Scrapbooking Day Saturday!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leaving me a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails